[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Thursday, August 09, 2007

[National Day Flag Raising at Hougang Ave 10]
1. It has become a tradition in my division of Aljunied GRC to start National Day with a simple flag raising ceremony involving community leaders and schoolchildren, followed by a simple nasi lemak breakfast.



2. This morning, we held ours in front of Blks 517 and 520 at Hougang Ave 10. To break the mould, the CCC asked the younger grassroots leaders to organise the event. Ephraim and his team did a good job. After raising the flag and reciting the pledge, we were treated to half an hour of performance by student groups. It ended, appropriately, with Dick Lee's song 'Home'.



3. With the economy flowing nicely, the general mood is more buoyant this year. Everyone is looking forward to NDP at the Bay this year.



4. Happy National Day!

Do also read my posts on Beyond SG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home