[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Thursday, September 04, 2008

[Cinema in the Park?]
The neighbourhood partk at Hougang St 61 has a beautiful airy tent. The MP in charge of that area, Yeo Guat Kwang, told me of a plan to screen old movies there from time to time. In the old days, there was an outdoor cinema in that area. I thought it was a wonderful idea which would add to the liveliness in the neighbourhood. The new nearby coffeeshops are already doing very well.

I was there for the National Day dinner, probably the last to be held in Singapore this year. The committee decided to hold it on the first day of the 8th Moon. Much of the entertainment was provided by a music school. Two other GRC MPs were also there - Mayor Zainul and Cynthia Lee. Later in the evening, we went round the tables to toast everyone.







Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home