[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, September 01, 2008

[Hougang Central National Day Carnival and Town Day]
Saturday's carnival attracted quite a large crowd. Luckily, the rain stopped in time or it would have been a washout. By evening, it was nice and cool. For the opening, Yuying, Damai and Montfort Schools put on impressive performances. Schoolkids nowadays have such wonderful opportunities. We also had a few major sponsors which enabled carnival coupons to be given free to poorer families.





Quek Bak Siang and his merry men and women did a great job organising the activities. Must have been a lot of work and stress. I took the opportunity to visit Hougang Mall and the surrounding shops. In recent years, Hougang Central has become much livelier, a growing hub in the Northeast corridor. Hougang Mall has gone upmarket.







For dinner, I had nasi lemak, otak otak, meat and vegetarian satay, a delicious Frankfurter (cooked by Steve and Althea from Youth Empire) and a cool cup of honey drink.

Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home