[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Thursday, September 04, 2008

[Visiting Residents at Blk 718 Bedok Reservoir Road]
Many more residents than usual were at home when I visited residents at Blk 718 on Monday evening, 1 Sep. I was told it was the night of the last episode of a popular Chinese serial and not because they stayed home to see me.





Most residents were eagerly looking forward to the lift upgrading. Work is expected to begin in the first quarter of next year. I was surprised to meet about ten stroke patients in that block. One request which I'll follow up on is an exercise corner for senior citizens. With an ageing population, we need better facilities for them.

At the dialogue session in the void deck afterwards, estate cleanliness and maintenance was an issue we discussed. One resident complained that standards had gone down since she first moved in twenty years ago. A teenager asked when the temporary carpark would be restored back to a football field. The overall mood was relaxed. We talked a little about politics in Malaysia and Thailand.







Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home