[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Saturday, May 02, 2009

[An art bridge]
There's an art bridge in the world and guess where this bridge can be found?

It is located in the very heart of Singapore and is built over the Singapore River. But beyond the nice and cheery colours of the Alkaff Bridge there lies a touching story. It is about the final days of Filipino artist Pacita Abad and her battle with cancer while she painted the bridge.

This is a heartfelt story about the sacrifices for the sake of art. As we look at the outward beauty of artworks, it is also important to reflect on the process and the context.

A representative from Pacita Abad Art had alerted me recently to an inspiring video documentation on the process of painting the Alkaff Bridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home