[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

[Welcome Ceremony for President Nathan]
It was a simple but elegant welcome ceremony for President Nathan at the Imperial Palace. In addition to the Emperor and Empress, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess, PM Aso, FM Nakasone and other dignitaries were present.







On the side, we had some twenty Singapore school kids waving Singapore and Japanese flags and cheering with gusto.



Later in the afternoon, President and Mrs Nathan visited Panasonic. The briefing was mostly about their new energy-saving devices.





In the evening, the state dinner was a dignified affair with members of the Imperial household, ministers, former ministers, many previous former Japanese ambassadors to Singapore, and others attending.



Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home