[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

[an open letter]
dear silver,

yes you... silver ang zihui...

six months ago when we first met, i remember seeing you in a red t-shirt and jeans... dressed so casually, one would not have known that you were a mr and miss sp contestant... i even mistook you for their nanny....

as i watched you at the numerous photo shoots and dance practices.... i saw a great transformation in your image and style...

after you went on a diet in preparation for the mmsp... you looked gorgeous... dressed in black with your silver earrings (no pun intended) dangling from your ears you stunned even the most handsome guys...

though you were not the hot favourite, you were one of the three that were sure-wins....

when the results of mmsp were announced, i was exhilarated that you got second place... people then wondered why you didn't name yourself "gold".... how corny...

that night, we partied like crazy till the wee hours of the morning at a restaurant...

i remember you as a bubbly and charismatic girl... always happy though you had countless problems bugging you...

it was another great meeting where we attended the sp talentime with diver... what a wonderful time of song... as usual, we never stopped partying...

Photo credit: www.ephraim.blogspot.com

now, almost seven months later you have emerged as one of the 24 finalists in project superstar...

Photo credit: www.ephraim.blogspot.com

i know it was sheer hard work and motivation that got you there.... keep up the good work.... you know that we'll always be behind you...

all the best and work hard.... stay happy always...

regards,
ephraim

1 Comments:

Blogger Silver said...

7 years on, I'm reading your letter for the first time... n I'm touched. 7 years on, and I hope I'm improving as the years go by. Thank you so much for ur encouragement and support. It reminds me that I have to keep working hard to better myself and what I do. Let's keep it up together! ;)

Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:26:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home