[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, February 19, 2006

[Play and play]
I really don't understand why. But maybe it's their style. And maybe, their way of preparing the people.

It gives you the kick, just like predicting the winning 4D numbers.

Now, I really trust my journalism lecturer, who was a former journalist, editor, that you will be surprised if you read between the lines of your daily newspaper.

Just like the Ministers who are the actors in a play, the media plays the role of delivering the script.

Some observations over the last few months:
1. I believe the PM will go for sooner rather than later - SM Goh
2. I will contest in the upcoming elections - MM Lee in Dubai
3. I guess it won't be so soon. Well, February is budget, so I guess it will be after the budget - A coy PM Lee
4. It will happen in the next 3 quarters - Wong Kan Seng

And then seasoned election-watchers predict that it would be held on a Saturday. And some say during the school holidays.

With the goodies announced during the budget, I guess it's probably soon.

One thing's for sure, it's on everybody's lips.

People come up to me and smile and say: "Elections coming mah!"

Well, I just smile back.

However, something seems to puzzle me. The goodies will be given sometime in May and there are still some GRCs that will announce their upgrading plans in March. A hot date is March 18 but would it happen that soon?

Only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home