[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

[Meet-the-People Session]
1. There were not so many cases at my Meet-the-People Session (MPS) this evening at Hougang Blk 414. Maybe it was because Hari Raya Puasa and Deepavali are around the corner. Maybe it was because of the haze. As a result, the number of residents who came were outnumbered by my helpers.

2. After the GE, we have completely revamped the MPS at both Hougang Blk 414 and Bedok Reservoir Blk 713. With the help of senior grassroots leaders (Anthony, Chin Mong, Victor, Johari and Terry), cases are now seen more quickly. Usually by 10.30pm, we are able to close shop. We've bought a TV set at each location to entertain those waiting to see me. Mineral water is also provided. To improve service quality, all of us wear name badges. Bee Lan, the Branch Secretary, has been a most effective change manager. The youngsters who've joined us are a breath of fresh air.

3. Before MPS, I had dinner with members of the Hougang Merchant Association at a chicken rice shop near Hougang Mall which serves a plate at $2. Good and cheap. We ordered vegetables as well. Hougang Mall and the surrounding shops are seeing more shoppers traffic now. It is a sign of the improving economy. Car parking has become a problem especially during weekends. We'll have to think of a way to ameliorate the congestion.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good time at the coffeeshop. I hardly see my MP at the coffeeshop.

Mr. Yeo, you are getting close to the people. Keep it up.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:35:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no la, i have seen many Minister at coffee shop. Just to let you know Mr Lee Yi Shun was at Blk 226 Bedok Central last Sunday, Minister Teo CH too was at Pasir Ris West..

Friday, October 20, 2006 3:23:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good... I wish I could see an MP at my coffee shop. In fact, I wish I could see my MP excluding on TV.

Friday, October 20, 2006 3:56:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir, do you have problems getting a parking lot on Sundays when you go to church? The church of St Vincent de Paul where I go is often so overcrowded that the police have now allowed us to park our cars on the main road - Yio Chu Kang Road. Now CISCO sends two sorry looking officers with orange jackets to station themselves just outside the church every Sunday. Why you may ask? Because inconsiderate Catholics sometimes park their cars in the driveway, preventing the owners from departing. There have been quarrels and fights. I'm not sure whether we are having a morning service on Hari Raya Puasa. But if we do, I hope nobody parks his car in front of Fandi Ahmad's house. There will loads of problems. Keep up the good work. Breaking fast with the Muslims promotes a healthy Singaporean spirit.

Saturday, October 21, 2006 9:04:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home