[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, October 05, 2007

[Sightings]
Is National Day in the heartlands still on? Some signs seem to indicate that it is still the season for red and white. It's already October but it seems no one's bothered to move ahead.

On my way home from Ang Mo Kio MRT station I could still see the national day banners on the lamposts complete with a smiling Prime Minister staring down at me. At Serangoon MRT station, you can see a huge billboard with our dear Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong walking confidently.



But what's most appalling is that the buntings on my block are still visibly intact save for one line. It's unsightly and ugly and yeah, I do not want to make a big fuss and write to the forum pages or call up the town council to complain.

I am a Singaporean. I live with what I have and appreciate it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is why MM Lee says Singaporeans are complacent. :)

The government is not complacent. Its always out to make a quick dollar from you.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 10:49:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home