[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

[School's in]
I have a three-day week this term and it means I have lots more time than before. But the time is to be used to study and enrich myself. To catch up on work, to do my readings and to climb higher. That's the way.

I recall in the first issue of The Blue and Gold, the SMU Students' Association President wrote a piece along the lines of I think. Suddenly, I just had such an inspiration too.

So here are 10 things that I think are important - to me.

I think the feeling of falling in love is great
Sends your heart through outer space
Like a race on the milky way

I think looking at bright stars is romantic
A hug that keeps you warm
Although there’s a brewing storm

I think happiness is in being content
It’s greater that what money can buy
It’s not easy to come by

I think having a great friend’s a blessing
Something that’s from above
Like a shadow by your side

I think music is therapeutic
Hides wounds that appear
And the glittery tears

I think studying is more than just grades
Straight ‘A’s but just for the money
Where’s the passion for the job, honey

I think technology is a cool and exciting thing
Helps to bring about social change
Only those that can adapt survive

I think compromise is what one has to learn
Being stubborn isn’t going to work
Pluralism is here to stay

I think it’s good to be emotional sometimes
Just to cry out and let the tears flow
Rather than keep everything locked inside

I think having hopes and dreams are fun
Like there’s something to look forward to each day
But also sends emotions to a high

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm..is emphraim in love???

Saturday, January 12, 2008 11:34:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ops..sorrie i spell ur name wrongly..

Saturday, January 12, 2008 11:35:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home