[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, September 07, 2008

[Mid-Autumn at Baywater Condo]
It was my first visit to Baywater Condo at Bedok Reservoir. I had watched the land being tendered out, developed, occupied, now finally settled in. Over 300 households, many young families with young children.





The condo is well-designed with lots of facilities and beautiful landscaping. I visited three units including a penthouse with a million-dollar view of the reservoir and the city skyline. I then dropped by Mr Zambari's family who invited me to 'buka puasa' with him. The wife prepared a delicious roti jala. The last unit was owned by a Malayalee family who thoughtfully welcomed me with a small wooden elephant topped by a ceremonial umbrella.









I joined in the buffet, laughed at the pomelo peeling competition, watched an excellent magic show, then gave a short speech calling on the residents to volunteer for the Neighbourhood Committtee my CCC is establishing for the condo.





After that, I 'led' a mid-Autumn lantern procession around the condo feeling like a kid again.





Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Chitra, the youngest member of the Malayalee family you have mentioned.

I am pleasantly surprised after reading your blog entry.

I was too awed by your presence that I forgot to:
1. get your autograph
2. present you a small gift - a silver glass which i obtained from Kerala

I wish to send you this gift - please let me know how I can reach you.


Warm regards,
Chitra.

Monday, September 08, 2008 7:42:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chitra

I'll be at Blk 713 Bedok Reservoir Rd for my Meet the People session this evening from 8.30pm onwards. So kind of you. Regards to your mum and dad.

George Yeo

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 8:48:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Terribly sorry Sir.

My time at home was taken up with so much school work that I just happened to read your reply.

I hope to meet you some time next week, after my Hindi exam this Saturday.

Regards,
Chitra.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 7:48:00 pm

 
Blogger Will said...

the apparently the facebook link does not work. it should have been http://www.new.facebook.com/addfriend.php?id=1306135782 to work.

Monday, September 15, 2008 4:50:00 pm

 
Blogger Will said...

i've just added your facebook. kindly accept it. my name is will sumekar, a singapore pr from indonesia living here for 9 years. i'm also a catholic.

nice meeting you and god bless!

Monday, September 15, 2008 4:52:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home