[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Saturday, March 06, 2004

[good week, bad week]
really don't know what to say about the past week.....

i guess the word bad can really sum it up... rewind to tuesday, my oc just asked me to sign one extra....

and as usual, it's for some stupid reason... well, that's how it works in the army...

scenario:
you are the roll-call spec... responsible for asking your men to fall in for attendance taking.... the routine order (ro) states that you are supposed to fall in the men by 0715... your upper study, a 3SG, shouts for fall in at 0710.... he marks the attendance, i count the strength... strength tallys...

in between, there are still guys sweeping the floor, throwing rubbish, and others attending a briefing on camera phones... they hold up everything...

then slightly after 0730 (the time to report strength), you report the strength and ask the men to warm-up for pt...

as you walk past... you see your oc...

oc says:"Ephraim... you're the roll-call spec?"

i say: "yes.."

he says: "you go and sign three (extras).."

that's it.... some stupid reason... men don't fall in on time, specs sign...

okay... now that's a lesson learnt....

so i go to look for my csm and i sign one... no questions asked... we discussed and my sgt decided to sign two...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home