[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

[President goes on a walk through SP’s history]
President S R Nathan officially launched SP’s 50th Anniversary Celebrations on the 13 of February.

When asked how he felt about visiting SP again two years since his first visit in 2002, President Nathan said: “I’m very pleased to be here to commemorate your 50th anniversary especially in this auditorium and plaza. I think the whole philosophy of Singapore Polytechnic of encouraging young minds to dare to do things was evident at today’s gathering. The various performances and lighting up all reflects very well on the school. I was also impressed by the mix of students from Myanmar, Vietnam and various places mixing with us. That will enrich our Singapore students and also enable others to understand us better.”

It was indeed a night to remember for a long time to come. Just look at the number of cameras capturing his every move!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home