[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Saturday, July 24, 2004

[wishy washy]
this week was full of event organising...

first, i was arrowed to organise a cohesion day... my big boss, literally too, asked me to organise an outing for the whole department... the day for the outing was supposed to be this coming monday...

garang me, as usual, sent out email messages almost every day...

email 1: outing on 26 July, choose your location... cancel ration...

email 2: reminder message, program, reminder to cancel ration...

email 3: no need to choose location, boss choose liao, go ahead as planned

email 4: got rsm meeting on that day... outing cancelled... don't cancel ration...

immediate boss: rsm meeting cancelled... outing as per normal...

email 5: sub department cannot make it on that day... wait for further instructions...

immediate boss: okay... big boss said cancel....

and second, to be a marshaller ic for an outcamp run at bukit batok nature park...

end up, the event had to be held at a multi-storey carpark in bukit batok street 25!! why? cause of the rain this morning...

and so, i deployed marshallers to guide people to the toilet... hehe...

then came another big screw-up... guided the mini bus and went to the wrong carpark... was at level six then...

me: how come i don't see anybody huh?

comms 1: where are you?

me: deck 5B

comms 2: can't be nobody..

comms 3: you sure you at right location??

comms 1: i think you are at wrong carpark...

comms 3: we are at deck 5!! cannot see anybody??

comms 2: there are marshallers around the carpark... just follow them...

me: marshallers?? no.... oops... maybe at wrong carpark...

me: we going down to see the carpark block number

me: we going down...

silence....

reach correct carpark...

me: okay... we going up

comms 1: don't have to go all the way up... you are at wrong carpark...

me: we reaching correct carpark... now going up... reach in 2 minutes...

comms 1: okay... let me know when all setup is ready...

me: no table... tables still at the park...

comms 1: no need table lor...

comms 3: i am sending people up now...

me: okay... setup ready...

finally... they reach the carpark for breakfast then fall out...

and that's not all... we went to "holland" on the way to the park and "holland" on the way back...

now now now... how exciting is that??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home