[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, March 06, 2005

[a tale of two maids]
interestingly... maids have a high standard of spoken english... when i was on the way home after going for the career fair at suntec i sort of eavesdropped on two maids talking on the bus... okay... there's no x-rated stuff here...

apparently they were only gossiping to each other on their worst gripes... that's all...

one said:"my ma'am always cook until the floor so oily... then never wash floor.."

another said:"my sir very good... he allow me to rest.. ma'ma want me to work till 11 then sleep... i wake up so early every day! lucky got sir around..."

"everyday i wake up so early... work till so late..."

seems like maids love their sirs.... haha...

come on... i think we ought to give them a break... i have... i am taking one... a long one indeed...

been up to a little team singapore work again... volunteering... yup... volunteering...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home