[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, December 25, 2005

[party on]
first it was my staff christmas party on friday... and i planned it until every single detail and even did the cooking... the whole office had beef, turkey, pie and a log cake...

and after that, i jet-setted to sp to judge the mr and miss singapore polytechnic 05/06.... this year, it was tough to determine the female winner - there was no obvious choice unlike last year.... there was intense competition between the male contestants.... and it was tough to decide the winner...

this being my fourth year at the annual mmsp, i personally feel that the pagent is refreshed.... firstly, they threw in the quarter and semi-finals... and they had two question and answer sessions.... the talent segment that was introduced last year was omiited from this year's...

ten years it has been... the mmsp pagent... and this is the third year that it was held in the sp convention centre... i still remember my first mmsp that was held at the glass house at far east square... the main difference is that there were no seats and it was a stand-up affair...

and this year, i found out that it is pretty tough being a good judge... the running time of each segment is too short for you to observe a contestant to give a fair judging... but it is pretty easy to just 'hantam' a number and put it down... so it really depends what kind of judge you are.... for me, i felt kindof stressed - after all, i just had a long day at work...

what really rocked was that there was a token of appreciation presented to every judge this year... so it is a blessing in disguise that i was not judging last year... and it even has my name on it!! pictures of that soon....

then today, i was at my adviser's house hours ago... and now at my uncle's house partying away....

i guess it would be good to head down to the gym to trim off the weight that i put on...

1 Comments:

Blogger QiuQiu said...

u should gain weight instead of losing lah ;)

Saturday, December 31, 2005 6:59:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home