[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, April 09, 2006

[Indian New Year in Hougang]
My first event. Or can be considered co-event.

Planning for the big day was done some two weeks ago. And I'm pretty happy with the results.

Firstly, it's because we had a "special guest". And he was no other than Education Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam himself.



And secondly, it is because lots of media came.

There were close to 300 participants that night.

And other than food, there were dance performances and singing items - and I didn't understand any at all. But heck.



I enjoyed it. But the Senior Minister's visit was better because more carrots were dangled.

In fact, Senior Minister himself hinted that nomination day would fall after 22 April and that the elections would be called within the next four to six weeks.

So that's pretty good news for everyone - can take my off, can clear my leave and I can go for a holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home