[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Saturday, May 06, 2006

[Polling for the first time]
I marked my ballot paper just a few minutes ago. And the process was very quick. Within a few minutes I was in then out of the polling centre just below my block.

The first thing that greets you when you reach the centre is a green plastic tape-ish thing (like those that the police use to cordon a site).



And after walking through the opening pathway, a policeman greets you. You show him your identity card and poll card. He scrutinises your facial features and you are on your way.

The next phase is the issuing of ballot paper and the shouting out of your serial number.

You proceed to a metal fixture that has a pen attached. And place your paper on the structure to mark a cross beside the names of the candidates. Next, you fold the ballot paper and walk a few steps mid-way to where you started out and drop the slip into the box.

After all of that is done, you are ushered out of the polling centre as you follow the arrows on the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home