[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, June 30, 2006

[Friday]
It is Friday and that means it is party time!

After booking out, I managed to find time to chill out at the Team Singapore volunteer hub , Blue Oasis. I had delicious spaghetti, brownie, ice cream and red wine. It's just the right day and time to let your hair down and chill out.

I digress.

Imagine how difficult it is when things don't go the way you want it to.

Like today. Feeling a sense of responsibility, I booked in early today. Imagine my surprise when I reached camp. The book-in and book-out book was still locked in the office.

Apparently, the key press key was unavailable and the clerk had still not booked in. So we had to wait and wait.

Then during battalion run, the usual map that is used to show the route was conspicuously missing.

When asked, I was told that it was a "long story".

Now that's how it works in the army. Don't know, don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home