[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, August 21, 2006

[Our Future, Our Home]
Was at Prime Minister's National Day Rally. An it was overwhelming but not as overwhelming as Istana. At least I felt more relaxed. Perhaps it comes with practice and attending more events.

So here you go. Here are the photos. And because school is going to take up a lot more of my time, I shall not give too long posts here.



During the Malay and Mandarin speeches we didn't get bored as on the large screen there was the English translation. So it was not boring at all. I was busy going through each and every Malay word that PM said. Perhaps I should take up Malay.



This is the entrance where the VIPs arrived. Close to 7.45pm when we were about to go "live" on national TV, Minister Mentor strolled in generating thunderous applause. Can you spot Education Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam in the picture?



To prevent myself from dozing off, I was busy taking notes. The guy who sat beside me was dozing off during the first two speeches. By the time PM delivered his English speech after the intermission, he was nowhere in sight.



The post-rally reception was great. Had lots of time chatting, observing the rest of the MPs, saying hi to familiar faces and just walking, watching and soaking in the atmosphere.

The most touching topic, which was also the most hilarious, was the digital age segment. It was heartening to know that the Government will be harnessing new technology to engage a whole new generation - well, it will be cool to be seeing some young MPs doing their own podcasts soon - which Mr White would it be? Or Mr Blue?

One thing for sure. NDP 2007 Singapore: Our Future, Our Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home