[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, August 25, 2006

[SMU Vie]
Week one of school has finally ended. Just Monday I was lamenting about the ungodly hour that I had to wake up cause school starts at 8.30am putting a new meaning to "Monday blues".

And while I only have 5 modules to take I have lots of other stuff to do in between breaks and lunch. Such time is not used for play but used to do my assignments with great mates or have project meetings for some modules.

The good thing about SMU is that in is located in the heart of the city. You can go shopping before class, take a nap on the long bus ride to town and indulge in an ice blended from Starbucks - the perks you don't get to enjoy when your campus is in the West of Singapore.

The down side however, is the price you have to pay to study in the city. For one, prices for food are exhorbitant - okay, SMU students do get discounts.

All in all, my first week has been quite fulfilling, meeting new faces, catching up with fellow friends in SMU and just getting used to life in SMU. It's a whole new schedule unlike work. And some days I'm in school from as early as 9 in the morning to 9 at night. Hopefully, time changes everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home