[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

[National Service]
I was thinking particularly about this topic with regard to National Service (NS). How can the SAF make two years well spent?

Many view NS as a waste of time. But how can we make NS more relevant to our lives? Apart from the loyalty to country, leadership, discipline, professionalism, fighting spirit, ethics and care for soldiers - there's more to NS.

One idea I had was to allow people to indicate what they would want to achieve in their 2 years of NS.

Perhaps one would like to be a scout. Yet another wants to be a medic. And one more wants to be part of the NDP. All of us have different dreams and aspirations.

Having found out and indicated what goals they want from their NS stint will set them in a right frame of mind. For example, the one who wants to be part of organising the NDP will put in his heart, mind and soul dedicating time to do his best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home