[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Thursday, October 26, 2006

[Block visit]
Minister had a block visit just now. It was probably the first one after the General Elections.

Some 10 RC volunteers, senior grassroots leaders, town council officers and HDB officers followed. I felt out of touch because I haven't been doing it ever since after the elections. But Minister did his part with panache.

It is not easy being one. You get residents in your face about issues. Then there are those that don't even want to see you. It's tough sometimes. But overall, it is not too bad. Of course, if you are trained to handle them all the better. One mentioned that the opposition had visited.

The huge group trawled through two blocks in the constituency. The design of the block made it a challenge. To cover one block, we had to go to the top floor a few times to cover the different stairwells. For modern estates like mine, block visits are a breeze but are few and far between.

After the visit, Minister had a little discussion at the foyer of one block. He was concerned about certain issues.



I guess it is time to start jogging again. Perhaps when the haze and after my impending sore throat clears.

I wonder why my own MP (who is the father of RJC elite and Humanities scholar Wee Shu Min) hasn't been dropping by my flat. Maybe he's busy. Perhaps my MP is an elite and that is why we have no problems here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ephraim, what do you mean by "Anyway, my MP is an elite and so we have no problems here."?

Friday, October 27, 2006 8:28:00 pm

 
Blogger Ephraim Loy 黎传志 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 1:50:00 am

 
Blogger Ephraim Loy 黎传志 said...

The quote was a little ambiguous. I have re-written it.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 2:09:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home