[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, October 15, 2006

[Of flyers and the biennale]
I spent the last day of my holidays doing something different for the Singapore Biennale - promotions. It was a total involvement of seven full days since Monday.

I stationed myself outside the MRT station giving out flyers to passers-by. Another volunteer was almost mobbed by the kids and adults alike. She was giving out the badges.

I jokingly told her that she had become a superstar for a few minutes. The crowd, with outstretched hands, formed around her. She later said that she wasn't used to the attention and was overwhelmed.

Even though the haze was reported to be considerably bad in the papers, there were still many people at Orchard Road. I wonder why.

There were maids, tourists and locals.

The sky in town did seem much clearer than at my home. Perhaps it was due to the many trees that are aligned along the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home