[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Thursday, October 05, 2006

[Run at Bedok Reservoir]
When I saw a clear sky this morning, I called up Henry from Waterfront Condo to arrange for a run around Bedok Reservoir. Like a good SAF reservist, he quickly mobilized Richard, Kelvin, Chye Huat and Teo Joo. In the afternoon, the blooming haze returned. You could smell it. We were undecided whether to proceed but, I thought, let's press on. Happily, there was a light breeze in the late afternoon and the run turned out to be quite pleasant after all. Our timing was not bad, 26 to 27 minutes to cover a distance slightly less than 5 km. There were many others walking or jogging. Near the shop area, we bumped into Andrew with his big black dog, properly muzzled. He was as pleasantly surprised to see us as we to see him. I chatted with a fisherman from Tampines. He did not catch anything but did not seem to mind.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to add a little, I was the guy with the red T-shirt on the extreme right....gasping and filtering most of the haze in my expanded lungs (my contribution to the subsequent improved hazy condition). The group paced Minister Yeo pretty well and completed the round in about a credible 26 minutes (per my cheap stopwatch). I didn't get the exact time because I was.....last, lah. I did it in 27.52 min...and I am the oldest (finding excuses) in the group (I have to "pang-chance"....give chance) to the younger ones :). These jogging sessions will be our regular healthy pursuit at Bedok Reservoir. Henry

Friday, October 06, 2006 1:48:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the photo itself, I can clearly see a thick haze, covering the houses in the background.

Friday, October 06, 2006 8:38:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home