[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, November 13, 2006

[Closing parties]
It's the season to party. Just because it is the end of the Singapore Biennale, there were parties to thank the people behind the scenes and all the guests and the people that made the event possible - artists included. I was at two such parties over the weekend. As usual there was wine, beer and great food.



The first was a party at City Hall Chambers. It was an eye-opener. Some of the guests present include famous artists, musicians and even ambassadors. I also met the Australian High Commissioner (I recognise him because he came to SMU for a talk before). He's a friendly man and was surprised that I knew his name.



In between, I managed an hour on Sunday to check out the Singapore Regetta. One of the Temasek Polytechnic rowers, Hui Yuan, had asked me to go down to support the team. It was good to find out that they were in the finals.

Last year I was there as well to support the People's Association team and a friend.



At night, I went for the closing party for the biennale volunteers. It was interesting because I met many familiar faces - from a total stranger in the beginning. One sign at the biennale party poked fun at the theme of the biennale. Instead of the word 'belief' some cheeky person cancelled the letter 'b' and replaced it with the letter 'r' making the word 'relief'.

There are talks that there will be another biennale in 2008. I have decided to volunteer for that too.

Art is not just for the high class. It is good to see ordinary Singaporeans visiting the exhibition and expressing their thoughts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there was a party at city hall?? what a pity, missed that one...

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:49:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, art is not just for the high class. Appreciating Art is simply having the ability to see the miraculous out of the ordinary!

Sunday, November 19, 2006 2:30:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home