[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

[Touchdown]
As it has been raining the last few days, planes have difficulty landing.

I recall that it was also raining when I returned to Singapore from Doha. The plane had to circle before landing.

The journey to Vietnam is only a mere one-and-a-half-hour. I was watching a Japanese movie on my flight to Vietnam and didn't manage to finish it. On the trip back, I watched the other half.

It was nearly evening when the plane took off from the airport at Vietnam. I could see the sun setting while in the air.



Luckily, I had a window seat. I could see the whole of the country as the plane made its ascent. I love window seats.



Immediately after the plane touched down, I was brought home by the Lim family (thank you so much). After lugging my stuff upstairs, I made a dash to Hougang Central to return a laptop to the office and joined the rest of the gang at the weekly Meet-the-People session (MPS).

It has been ages since I last helped out due to my trip. To me, MPS is like a drug, you have got to have a weekly dose of it else you'll feel out of touch. Last night's MPS ended early and Minister decided to go for a drink at the nearby coffeeshop.



So we combined four tables at the coffeeshop and had "kopi with George".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home