[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

[Sports and arts]
Today was an impeccable mix of sports and the arts.

After my classes, I took a walk down to the Esplanade (the luxury of studying in town).

Along the journey, I saw loads of artworks that adorn the underpasses. Although some were in black and white, it was eye-opening. Further down, there were colour portraits of disabled people.



The Esplanade is a good place to relax. There are cosy sofas around. It is mostly quiet (except for the occasional murmur of passers-by or the staff making their rounds). I managed to complete reading a chapeter of my marketing textbook.



In the evening, I was at the Philips NBL Championship. The basketballers pitted their skills against each other at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. There was also a Team Singapore Pre-Appreciation Reception to acknowledge the efforts of the volunteers, officials and athletes for the 15th Asian Games in Doha.



The match was between Melbourne Tigers and the Singapore Slingers. And it was stunning. Both teams managed to keep up in the scores department. By half time, their scores were nearly equal.



It was a platform for catching up with friends and the athletes that competed at the Asian Games. I chatted with my friend, swimmer Leonard Tan and also caught up with swimmer Marcus Cheah (who I interviewed last year) as well.

Thought of the day: How can sports and the arts be integrated? Can there be an element of both in a product or event? Email me your suggestions at ephraim@singnet.com.sg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home