[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Saturday, February 24, 2007

[Bountiful Joy @ Bedok Reservoir]
SPEECH BY GEORGE YEO, MINISTER FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS, AND MP FOR ALJUNIED GRC AT THE “BOUNTIFUL JOY @ BEDOK RESERVOIR” EVENT, ON 24 FEB 2007 AT 9.00 AM

Dear Residents, Ladies and Gentlemen

Let me first wish everyone a Happy New Year of the Pig. Today is the 7th Day of the Chinese New Year which is everyone's birthday. For the first time, we are holding a ceremony to release fish into Bedok Reservoir. I hope this will become an annual tradition for us. We have embarked on a number of projects to make this reservoir a place for us to enjoy - fishing, boating, walking, jogging and so on. Let us work together to protect the environment and keep the water clean. Thank you.

外交部长暨阿裕尼集选区国会议员杨荣文在年年有鱼仪式上讲话全文
日期: 2007年2月24日
时间: 早上9时

亲爱的居民, 女士,先生们,

1. 让我先祝大家金猪年快乐. 今天是华人农历新年的初七, 也是大家的生日。 我们阿裕尼集选区第一次在勿落蓄水池举办一个把八百八十八条鱼放生的仪式。 我希望这个仪式会成为我们集选区的一个新年传统。 我们已经展开了一系列计划去美化勿落蓄水池,使每个人都能够更好的享受这里的设施和进行个项活动,比如钓鱼,划船,散步,跑步等等。 让我们同心协力一起来保护蓄水池的环境和池水的干静.

2. 谢谢大家在百忙之中抽出宝贵的时间出席今天的仪式。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home