[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

[An unexpected guest]
When I reached the weekly meet-the-people session (MPS) last night, I was surprised to see a news crew camera lying around.

Then I remembered earlier that my branch secretary had said that a minister from Gabon will be dropping by.

Twenty minutes to nine, Foreign Affairs Minister George Yeo arrived with Mr Jean Ping, the Vice-Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Gabon.



Minister then shook the hands of residents - a normal fare at every MPS. Later, while he made his way past, he introduced the minister from Gabon to stalwarts of the party. A stream of officials dressed in spiffy outfits then followed.



Flashbulbs went off, and the cameras rolled. And just fast as it started, it ended as both ministers sat down together to meet residents in our division.



Throughout the process, minister spent a spell of time explaining some the process and shed light on how he dealt with certain cases faced by residents.



Alas, I should have asked the Gabon minister about his experience.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Picked up any tips on how to refine the corruption that exists in the PAP govt and make it more efficient from the Gabonese guy?

Monday, February 12, 2007 5:39:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home