[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, March 23, 2007

[All about toys]
I visited MINT the toy museum on Tuesday to do a story for Youth.SG. Since it was really near my school, I went there before class. It was an awesome experience.



Located at Seah Street, the museum has four floors of toys. The article will be posted on Youth.SG so do stay tuned.



MINT was officially opened by Foreign Affairs Minister George Yeo at the early part of the month. There is a plaque placed at the entrance to mark the new beginning of Singapore's first toy museum. I shan't write too much here so as not to spoil the show.



One thing I must highlight though is the restaurant located at the basement.



Food here is reasonably priced like most restaurants. The set meal costs around $13.80 (add in the service charge and GST to get the full price). And is a three course meal with a glass of beverage.



The theme of the restaurant is synchronous with the museum. There are posters plastered on the wall and a montage done by artist Einstein adorns the entrance.



I had the chance to try their creamy mushroom soup which was delicious and on par with the usual restaurant food and a special fried chicken dish atop mashed potatoes with a lemon butter sauce.



Do drop by even though you are not visiting the museum to try some delicious stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home