[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, April 29, 2007

[Singapore and Vietnam forge stronger bonds]
Singapore's National Youth Council and the National Committee on Youth of Vietnam signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Friday. Since the event was held at the Hyatt, do expect that your stomach's needs will be well taken care of.



It was the first time that I witnessed the actual signing of a MOU. The signing was short and sharp. First there was an address by ministers from both sides followed by the signing of two copies of documents. After both sets were signed by both ministers, they stood up and exchanged handshakes.



The Vietnamese delegates and I then proceeded next door for lunch. Don't blink.


Smoked Salmon and Avocado Tartar with Crispy Lavoche and Remoulade Sauce


Clear Tomato Soup with Spring Vegetables


Grilled Breast of Chicken Marinated in Dijon Mustard on Sweet Potato Mash and Chimicurri Sauce.


Chocolate Cake with Raspberries and Whipped Cream

The dessert was my favourite. The outside part was cake-like and when you tuck in, there's chocolate sauce inside. Simply delicious.

There were two huge tables at the end of the ballroom for the Asean ministers. This was followed by six other tables.



It was a great first-time experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home