[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, May 28, 2007

[Navy opens its doors]
RSS Katong, RSS Bedok, RSS Kallang but no RSS Aljunied?

Those were the names of some of the vessles of the Republic of Singapore Navy.

Apart from going for dragonboat training and performing at the Singapore Arts Festival, I also took time off to be at the Navy Open House yesterday morning.



It was the first time I had visited the Changi Naval Base. And the visit was not just an ordinary one. I even had a go on one of the ships.



Unlike the last open house that I had attended at Tuas Naval Base, this time the RSS Vigilance set sail out into Singapore waters. I also managed to find out the differences between the ships - those mission ones and the newly added frigates.



After the sunny visit onboard was a short introduction of the Singapore Navy, its roles and a question and answer session with Minister of State (Defence) Koo Tsai Kee. I didn't ask any but later raised some concerns that I had privately during the reception.



There's a viewing gallery upstairs where the reception was held.



Good food, good view and good company. What more can one ask for?

A pity I didn't stay to catch Fiona Xie at 1.30pm as I had to rush to Bedok Reservoir for training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home