[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, June 18, 2007

[Crafting messages]
Powerful messages that are crafted into ordinary media or medium like videos take lots of skill to and creativity to conceptualise.

And the music video for this year's NDP song "There's No Place I'd Rather Be" has subtle messages for Singaporeans.


Read the nation's papers - The Straits Times. Sales for the paper account for 70% of SPH's revenue.


Have babies. Don't just stop at two like in the past. Have more - twins and perhaps even three children. Procreate.


Get married. A subtle way of asing and showing that marriage is an important first step to create and replenish talent in Singapore.

Lastly, there are two cameo appearances by our dear friends - Dr Faishal Ibrahim and Michael Palmer - who are both ruling party MPs.


A kopi session at the coffee shop - Dr Faishal interacts with a multi-racial community.


Michael Palmer is all smiles and is spotted at a wedding celebration.

I love the video and have watched it countless times. I sure hope Singaporeans will love watching it on TV too.

Because there's no place I'd rather be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home