[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, June 11, 2007

[Slacking]
I wish I have more slack weekends. But no, they are few and far between.

Last weekend was pretty fine - not too hectic and not too many places to go to - with only one event a day.

On Saturday, I was at Tropica condominium attending a swimming carnival. I wish I could live there cause the view and the pool is simply fantastic.



We were also treated to free flow of kaya toast, coffee and tea.

Although the sun was scorching hot, it was a luxury to admire the nice scenery and sip piping hot rich coffee.



On Sunday, I went to church to do my usual duty - biamp (or the so called cheem term for sound system duty). The view from the control room makes you feel like the captain of a plane - you get to control everything that is on stage (from projectors, screen, display, sound and the list goes on).



There are many controls on the panels and you have to tweak the correct ones. Make a mistake and the outcome is very serious - someone's voice can't be heard, the video has no sound or the slideshow is at a wrong position.



As usual, the view from the top is all-encompassing and gives one a bird's eye view of things - a whole new perspective.

But just as I say, we can't always be on the top looking down.

Sometimes we have to experience what it really is like below - to feel the pulse of the ground and the consequences of certain decisions. No point being atop the mountain and out of touch.

Welcome to the real world guys.

2 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Ho said...

Is this really Mr George Yeo's blog?

Friday, June 15, 2007 11:41:00 pm

 
Blogger Ephraim Loy 黎传志 said...

Minister George Yeo is a guest blogger here. You can see his name on his entries.

Sunday, June 17, 2007 2:23:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home