[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, July 23, 2007

[Running for charity]
More than 50 SMU students banded together to run for charity at the Toa Payoh Stadium on Sunday 15 July.

The project was called Olympic Dream 2007 and needless to say, this event was also part of SHINE.

For every round that someone runs, blades or walks, $5 will be donated to fund disability sports.



Dressed in jeans and my Team Singapore t-shirt, I headed down and promised to race with Ephraim Lin (a SMU freshman) who is wheelchair-bound. Initially I wanted to race in a wheelchair, but the wheelchairs had been transported back since they were used in the morning.



I decided to run in my current attire in the end. I did 10 laps and received a certificate for my efforts. But what's most important is that it raised $50 for charity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home