[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, July 30, 2007

[Sports star awards]
I was invited to attend the CSC Sports Night on Saturday. And that was after a very long day - in the morning I had a meeting with various religious leaders in Singapore and in the afternoon was Coffee Talk with George. Plus I had to change out of my PAP attire to attend the dinner. And that meant having to rush home to change.



But it was all worth it. Because the dinner was held at the Suntec City Convention Centre and the food should be good I figured.



Our table 126 was far behind. Those who were nearer the stage area had several invited MPs. The guest-of-honour was Minister in Prime Minister's Office, Mr Lim Boon Heng, who is also a member of the People's Association Board.



They probably spent a bomb as the whole hall was carpeted. There was even a red carpet that ran the whole width of the hall.



The food served was the usual fare. There was the usual cold dish, fish, mock shark's fin, noodles, and other dishes that I can recall now. The unusual one was this mango juice dessert with pomelo inside. It's sweet and sour at the same time. Exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home