[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, July 23, 2007

[Video Clips of Yemen]
Some clips from my visit to the Hadhramaut in southern Yemen. Most of the Arabs in Singapore and Southeast Asia came originally from there. Some of the major buildings in the Hadhramaut were partly financed by money remitted from Arabs in Singapore including the Sultan Palace in Seiyun. My host, the Deputy Governor of Hadhramaut, is the grandson of the Hadhrami merchant who gave Aljunied GRC its name. We visited two Islamic schools where there are Singapore students studying - Ribat Tarim and Darul Mustafa.


Tour of the Sultan Palace in Seiyun


Visit to Darul Mustafa in Tarim


Attending lunch hosted by Arab Association in Yemen

Do also read my posts on Beyond SG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home