[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Saturday, September 01, 2007

[Dragonboating at Raffles Marina]
For the first time, I tried a dragonboat race in the high seas. It is different from rowing in the reservoir where the water is still.

The Raffles Marina was specifically where I rowed and the event was the SMU Dragonboat Regatta. The yachts there are pretty much like those at a similar yacht club (I can't remember the name now) at West Coast that I visited some years back.



This is my fourth time taking part in a dragonboat race this year. And I was representing my CCA group SMU Broadcast & Entertainment.



It is my third time rowing a ten-member boat and I hope that this experience will prepare me for future races to come. By December, the Aljunied GRC dragon boathouse at Bedok Reservoir will be completed. Perhaps the YEC that I am currently heading can have a go at rowing. Maybe we could even have an inter-GRC YEC race.



SMU BE Dragonboat Team rocks!

2 Comments:

Blogger ah choy said...

hi, just fyi, the yacht club you are referring to is the republic of singapore yacht club. :)

Saturday, September 01, 2007 8:29:00 am

 
Blogger Ephraim Loy 黎传志 said...

Thanks ah choy. That's the one.

Saturday, September 01, 2007 8:33:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home