[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, October 01, 2007

[The Invisible Thread]
In conjunction with The Singapore Art Show, "scape's Artist-in-Residence", Dyn, has created an artwork that connects visual arts and music together.

It is titled "The Invisible Thread" and aims to explain the presence of art in music.



An entire wall is dedicated to artistic photos about bands - scenes of their studio recordings, concerts, singing and even potraits. Here are some of my favourite ones.

I kindof like this one. It seems that the main characters revel in watching the world just pass them by.



I'd always love to pose with electric guitars. It brings back memories of how I used to go to guitar shops with my army buddy Tiger.





The expression on this singer intrigues. If you look closely, you can see the trickles of sweat on his face illuminated by the spotlights.



On the other walls are characters such as polar bears, a penguin and tigers performing in a band. Quite cute if you ask me.



This artwork is on display at *scape which is just diagonally across Cathay Cineleisure Orchard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home