[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, November 25, 2007

[Dragonboaters]
1. Many Singaporeans feel terrible about the death of five of our national dragonboaters in Phnom Penh. Our hearts go out to the bereaved families.

2. I am sure there will be a full inquiry into safety procedures particularly the use of life jackets. We are now making use of Bedok Reservoir for all kinds of waterborne activities including dragonboating and canoeing. The organisers must make sure that safety procedures are closely adhered to. No activity can be risk-free but we can minimize the occurence of accidents.

3. When a fire killed a pair of siblings recently in Hougang, enforcement against illegal placement of combustible material along common corridors was tightened throughout Singapore. Some shopkeepers pleaded for flexibility. There should be flexibility but it must not be at the expense of public safety.

Do also read my posts on Beyond SG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home