[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Saturday, November 24, 2007

[The last lap]
Over the last two Saturdays, I have been at the National Stadium attending briefings for Singapore's largest marathon that is set to have 40,000 runners this year.

For those for know, that is the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon.

Apart from listening to my role (I can't reveal it due to security issues as yet) and managing a team under me, I also took time off to take photos of the grand old dame - the National Stadium.



This is my first time involved in sporting event with such a big scale. The organisation charts of the various staff and volunteers of the whole marathon are enough to confuse you. The last time I was involved in something like this was a few years back for the F1 Powerboat Championships.



Of course, I am not ruling out the possibility of volunteering for the marathon next year. I feel my time is more productive there and I learn quite a bit. Logistics alone is a nightmare.

I'm limiting what I'll be doing next year to a few large scale events so that I can concentrate and focus fully on those as well as my studies. It ain't easy being a full-time volunteer and part-time student. You get the drift.

2008 will be a year of my foray into the international sporting volunteer scene. And I sure hope it takes off well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home