[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

[Meetings and Chingay 2008]
I forgot to mention in my last that entry that this week is also full of meetings. But it is not uncommon.

First up in the evening would be a meeting with the Omy marketing team at SPH. They have initiated a collaboration with The Blue and Gold. I am still unsure of the details as of now.

Straight after that would be another meeting at The Serangoon for a PAYM Policy Forum - an event that has to be organised by March 2008.

Kicking off 2008 would be my first major foray into Chingay. It's Singapore's largest street and floats parade and is an expression of communal unity and celebrations - "an art of masquerade" they say.

For the first time, PAYM will be having a float in Chingay 2008. And they need lots of volunteers for this event to be part of the 200-man contingent that will "push", "pull" and "carry" the PAYM float through the streets from City Hall, along Connaught Drive to Raffles Avenue. This is part of a new segment in the Chingay Float Parade titled "Many Creative Communities, One Nation".

Set to be a powerful display of the spirit of youth soaring to mixed beats and energy - all in one heartbeat! The event will be happening on 15 & 16 February 2007 from 8pm to 10pm.

Join in the fun training sessions between the months of December 2007 and February 2008.

Projected training schedules (Subjected to further confirmation)
December 2007 (TBC)
6, 13, 20, 27 January 2008

Full-dressed Rehearsal
2 February 2008, 7pm, PAHQ
14 February 2008, 7pm, PAHQ

To be part of the exciting and inspiring team, you can attend the briefing on 12 December, Wednesday, 7pm, at PA HQ, Auditorium. For more enquiries you can call 6340 5154/6340 5155 or email Ms Chua Jing Jing at CHUA_Jing_Jing@pa.gov.sg.

As for my role, I always like to keep it a secret. But only for the time being. You know how I love suspense don't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home