[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, February 29, 2008

[Cabinet reshuffle]
People will be expecting this piece of interesting observation with regard to the upcoming cabinet reshuffle. I have some random thoughts.

We know from media reports (or speculation) that it is very likely who will be taking over the portfolio of Information, Communications and the Arts. It is widely expected that Dr Vivian Balakrishnan will take over the portfolio which means there will be a vacancy at his current position.

Last night, while I was chatting online, my friend directed me to the sports page and we agreed on an interesting observation which left us clueless. Minister of State for Finance and Transport Lim Hwee Hua was at a sports function. As far as I know, she usually attends finance and transport related events apart from grassroots events. I wonder if that is a strong hint that we will be having a female minister soon.

I once cracked a joke and asked her if Singapore was ready for a woman minister. She replied that Singapore is always ready for a woman minister.

I think PM has also hinted that some of the Deputy Prime Ministers are likely to retire soon. Only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home