[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Thursday, February 14, 2008

[Happy Valentine's Day]
1. In recent years, Valentine's Day has become widely observed among younger Singaporeans with the prices of red roses shooting up. In the old days, celebrating Valentine's Day smacked of someone being too westernised. With globalisation, it is no longer so. Indeed, it is quite amazing how Chinese cities now put up Christmas decorations for the year end.

2. Traditionally, Valentine's Day is the day for lovers to express their feelings for each other, which I believe remains the Western norm. But, in Singapore, the expression of affection has become somewhat more spread out. I wish not just my wife, but also my mother-in-law and my daughter. Women send flowers to each other. This is nice. In that spirit, I send my Valentine Day's wishes to all female readers of Ephraim's blog.

Do also read my posts on Beyond SG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home