[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, March 23, 2008

[Happy Easter]
1. This year, Easter comes unusually early. In the church calendar, Easter is the first Sunday following the first full moon on or after the Vernal Equinox. The Equinox was on 21 Mar. Yesterday was the 15th day of the lunar calendar, a full moon.

2. Last night, I attended the Easter Vigil Mass at the Carmelite Monastary near Mount Faber with my family. As we cross the Benjamin Sheares Bridge, the full moon encircled by the Singapore Flyer looked as if it had a blue halo. Since the monastary is not a parish church, there was no baptism which kept the service relatively short. Easter is the most important day in the church calendar. The choir from St Theresa Church sang the 'alleluias' with gusto. I was surprised that the choir mistress and the organist were my nieces.

3. After the Vigil, we went to the Lagoon hawker centre for supper at our favourite 'cher char' stall. It was still crowded. By the time we went home, it was past midnight which was not too late as we could sleep late the following morning.

4. To all Christian readers of Ephraim's and Harold's blogsites, here's wishing you a Happy and Holy Easter!

Do also read my posts on Beyond SG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home