[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, March 07, 2008

[VIVA Jacky!]
1. Jacky Chan brought cheer to kids with cancer at NUH on Wednesday morning. He volunteered to be the ambassador of goodwill for VIVA Foundation which was formed two years ago to improve the survival rate and cure of children with cancer, especially childhood leukaemia. VIVA Foundation has facilitated an important partnership between St Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee and NUH/NUS. St Jude is the No 1 children's cancer hospital in the world.

2. Jacky and a group of doctors attending an international seminar on leukaemia toured a new facility for bone marrow transplant at NUH funded by generous donations from well-wishers. It has special air filters to reduce the risk of infection for low-immunity transplant patients.

3. Senior Minister of State Balaji was the guest-of-honour. Because my wife has been actively involved in the work of VIVA Foundation, I tagged along.





Do also read my posts on Beyond SG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home