[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, May 18, 2008

[Curatorial meetings]
Today will be the last leg of long meetings that I have been attending for the past two days.

Curatorial meetings, for the uninitiated, are meetings where the curators and artistic director sit together to review and select the artpieces to be showcased at Singapore Biennale 2008 - Singapore's largest contemporary arts exhibition.

I think curatorial meetings are fun because one gets to look at a wide array of works from around the world.

One can also see the dynamics and interaction between individuals in the team. And more importantly the decision-making process.

The final outcomes of this meeting will be crucial in shaping the biennale. But from what I see, Singapore Biennale 2008 will be a wonderful and exciting trip for Singaporeans and visitors from all over the world come 11 September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home