[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Thursday, June 26, 2008

[Arty farty]
One of the reasons why I feel working at the National Arts Council is fun is because of the ambience. When I brought my friend who is interning at Media Development Authority on a visit, he mentioned how the colourful walls and artworks could nurture creativity.

Greeting visitors at the main entrance of the NAC office at The Adelphi is an artwork by Agathe de Bailliencourt. She was one of the artists for Singapore Biennale 2006.



There are alos video works on Singapore to provide entertainment in the waiting area. Each has an individual headset as well.



Near the pantry, there's a painting of fish without heads falling.



Inside the small meeting room, there's a work made up of torn pieces of paper images stuck on the wall.



Apart from the artworks, the office has an abundance of publications to pour over, to devour. It has been an experience of a different kind here at the NAC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home